Product Size: 18*13*11cm
Net Weight: 0.34kg
Packing: Individual package in inner paper box
Estimated packing details:
8 pcs/ctn MEAS: 48cm x 46cm x 28cm G.W: 5.5kg
What is an IUD?
An intrauterine device (IUD) is a small contraceptive device that is put into the uterus (womb) to prevent pregnancy. The 2 types available in Australia are the copper IUD and the hormonal IUD (MirenaTM). The copper IUD is designed to stay in place for up to 10 years and the hormonal IUD (Mirena) for 5 years. Both can easily be removed sooner, if needed.
Advantages of IUDs
Advantages of copper or hormonal IUDs include:
- They are more than 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.
- They last for a long time – Mirena can last for 5 years, and the copper IUD can last for 10 years.
- They are safe to use if you are breastfeeding.
- No medications stop them from working.
- hey provide another contraceptive choice if you have difficulty taking the hormone oestrogen. (The combined pill and the vaginal ring contain both oestrogen and progestogen.) The hormonal IUD only contains progestogen and the copper IUD has no hormones.
- Once put in, you don’t need to do anything more apart from checking the thread each month after your period to ensure it has not moved out of the correct position.
- The device can be taken out at any time by an appropriately trained doctor or nurse.
- Your chance of getting pregnant will go back to normal as soon as the copper or hormonal IUD has been taken out.