By Admin | 03 May 2022 | 0 Comments
Procedure On Performing the IM injection
- Cleanse the injection site using an alcohol prep-pad.
- Raise the injection site by pinching or stretching the flesh.
- Insert the needle into the selected and cleansed injection site at a 90-degree angle.
- Aspirate slightly by attempting to withdraw the plunger of the syringe. If no blood is seen to aspirate into the syringe, use light pressure to depress the plunger and inject all the medication. If blood is seen to aspirate, a second site must be used.
- Depress the plunger to administer the injection.
- Withdraw the needle from the injection site.
- Wipe the injection site with an alcohol prep-pad.
- Properly dispose of the syringe and needle assembly in an appropriate sharps container and place a band-aid over the injection site.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *